I made this silver bangle for my good friend, for her birthday present. I’m really happy how it turned out. But it wasn’t easy for this newbie metalsmith! The first steps were easy: texturing the metal strip with a hammer, cutting and bending it around a mandrel. I was feeling confident and wanted to add a little extra detail with the three rings and a dangly disc with her initial. I measured, cut, and formed the rings and added them to the bracelet before soldering it closed. The idea was to hide the joint under the rings. It took about 5 attempts to do it! Each time I failed I had to clean the firescale off by soaking the piece in a pickling solution, then scrub it with a copper brush – and then carefully set it up again at my solder station. In the end, I was satisfied with the result.